Hey Jets Fans,
I’ve got some great news about the big 10th anniversary party we’re throwing for the Fan Club and I wanted to share it with you all.
Mark your calendars and be sure to bring yourself, your friends and your entire family with you on Sunday, December 14th, beginning at noon and join your Tampa Jets Family as we celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary as a group. It’s hard to believe that we started out with just 17 of us back in 2004 (that’s most of us in the pic below back in 04 after beating San Diego in the playoff’s) and are now over 630 members strong.
I’ve spoken to several people in the Jets organization and I’m very excited to report that they will be running a story next week on www.NewYorkJets.com about our club and the 10th Anniversary celebration. They are also sending me a box of goodies to give away free to everyone who shows. Hoping to have a bunch of our founding members on hand as well as members from our sister club in Sarasota and possibly some from our sister club in Orlando as well. I’d also love to see all of you particularly those of you that we may not have seen in a while.
The party will be both outside and inside as Peabody’s will be roping off a nice chunk of the parking lot for us to use. We’ll have a few tents and tables set up in the parking lot as well as on the outside deck of Peabody’s.
- I’ve already secured a DJ to play tunes outside (big thanks to club member Mitch Harris for donating his time). Mitch will also be bringing a karaoke machine with him so we can see just how talented everyone is.
- Live music by Synergy In A Cup whose members include our very own “voice of the fan club” Irv Cruz.
- A bounce house or some other type of inflatable for the kids (still looking for a club member that can help us out with that).
- We’ve got a videographer (thanks to club member John Casimiro and his Scream at the Wall productions).
- Club member Bobbee Broderick of B&B Photography (who has taken those amazing group shots on our site) will also bringing his camera to take some more great photo’s for us to remember.
- I’m also in talks with several vendor to have someone selling all sorts of fun Jets merchandise that will be perfect for the holiday gift giving season.
- You know we’ll have our 50/50 raffle going.
- And of course we expect to have a sighting of Super Bowl III Champion (and club member) Earl Christy at the festivities.
On top of all that we’ll be running a silent auction of some top notch Jets collectibles with some of the proceeds going to support the Marty Lyons Foundation. Rich Lyons, brother of Jets great Marty Lyons will also be on hand with those awesome Super Bowl Raffle Ticket (see photo for details). One extremely lucky winner gets:
- Two Tickets to the Super Bowl,
- Hotel Accommodations,
- Special Invite to a pre-game party, and
- $3,000 to offset any taxes (or to have some fun with)
As for food and drink, Peabody’s will have servers out on the patio with a Keg pouring beers to those with wristbands and meal tickets will be available for purchase.
- $13.99 – All you can drink draft beer.
- $6.00 meal ticket – each ticket gets you 1 burger or 2 hot dogs or 6 wings + a side dish with each
- $18 – for beer and 1 meal ticket
and lets not forget JETS FOOTBALL at 4pm!!!
I’m still looking for anyone that might have a cornhole game (Jets colors or otherwise) or any other kind of safe outdoor games (no iron horseshoes or lawn darts… lol) that they are willing to share with us for the afternoon. Also trying hard to find a club member that can donate the use of a Bounce House or similar for the kids. Please reach out to me if you can help me out.
Finally, if anyone is willing to help out before and during the party with setup, ticket sales, etc please let me know by calling 888-NY-JETS-1 or sending me an email at Festa@Jets-Fan.com
I know it’s been a tough season to be a Jets fan but it’s never been tough being a member of the New York Jets Fan Club of Tampa Bay. So please bring your entire family out on Sunday the 14th starting at 12:00 pm for a great day of fun, food, family and the JETS and help us celebrate this big milestone.