Hey Jets Fans, I have some great news about the Tailgate Party for the Jets / Jags game this December. After doing some legwork on the best option available to us, we have decided to go with “Tailgate Joe” Maino and his tailgate party for Jacksonville. After speaking with him I’m totally convinced he’s the absolute best way to go.
What’s the Plan?
- First of all, Tailgate Joe is a fan not a caterer.
- He started out grilling for friends and family and his tailgate has since grown into a monster party.
- He does the official tailgates at each home game for JetNation.com (if I recall correctly)
- He told me that this is not a money-making endeavor for him but more of a “fan thing”.
- Apparently, he serves top-notch food and beverages.
- He mentioned that his mother comes to most of the home game tailgates and if he served her crap she’d be annoyed. He does not serve crap.. lol.
- He’s already reserved a lot for his tailgate trailer that is actually closer to the stadium than the lot that the Group Sales guy was giving us!
- We’ll be parking our Bus in the same lot.
(Details and directions here http://tailgatersparking.com/directions/ – Lot is called the First Down RV lot.)
- An automobile lot is right next door to the RV lot for those getting to the Stadium on their own.
- Since his parking lot is not associated with the Jaguars, they will open much earlier than the Jaguars official parking lots will.
- That means 4-5 hours of all you can eat and drink rather than just 2 hours you typically get at the stadiums!!!
- Joe has a DirectTV system with him so he’ll have some pre-game stuff on two HD TV’s.
- He told me he can handle 200-300 fans without a problem. He just needs to know ahead of time.
- Tickets for the tailgate party will be sold through an online ticketing system so club members can pay online and print your own tickets.
What’s on the Tailgate Menu
- Maple breakfast sausage sandwiches, for the early riser attendees, Joe’s own recipe.
- Fresh 1/3 lb cheeseburgers with Joe’s special “quick caramelized” onions and bacon maple jam.
- Grilled Taylor Ham and cheese sandwiches, a New Jersey favorite we are bringing down with us.
- Grilled smoked Polish sausage.
- Sabrett hot dogs along with all the fixins including Tailgate Joe’s award winning (great hot dog cook off ) hot dog chili and blue cheese slaw.
- Sausage and peppers, with italian sausage imported straight from Esposito’s Pork store in NYC, the greatest pork store in NY.
- Meatball sliders, just like his mom’s meatballs, because, she’s gonna make them for us, can you get better than this? NO!!!
- Fresh filled cannoli, the best cannoli you have ever had in Florida or New York, filled fresh on the spot.
- Assorted other chips, snacks and dessert items
- Soft Drinks and Water
What’s On Tap Chillin’ in the Kegerator:
- Joe will have some great selections from Kelso of Brooklyn as well as a selection of premium brands along the lines of Amstel, Stella, Heineken, Blue Moon as well as traditional light beers along the lines of Coors, Miller, and Bud.
- The actual beer available will be subject to what we can get from the local distributor and the size of the party.
- Kelso of Brooklyn is a local NYC craft beer brewer. Their beers are only available in draft by the keg and served at NYC’s better restaurants and bars.
So How Much Is It?
- Price per head is $50 for all the food and beer you can cram down your throats. Sounds like a bargain to me!
- Purchase your tickets to the tailgate by clicking this link.
After spending some time on the phone with Joe and covering all the bases with a lot of back and forth in email, I am really stoked for Joe’s party. This is going to make the trip to Jacksonville that much more fun and exciting. Hope you can all join us as well.