Hey Jets Fans, I have some great news about the Tailgate Party for the Jets / Jags game this December. After doing some legwork on the best option available to us, we have decided to go with “Tailgate Joe” Maino and his tailgate party for Jacksonville. After speaking with him I’m totally convinced he’s the absolute best way to go.
—> Click Here to purchase your Tailgate Tickets <—
What’s the Plan?
- First of all, Tailgate Joe is a fan not a caterer.
- He started out grilling for friends and family and his tailgate has since grown into a monster party.
- He does the official tailgates at each home game for JetNation.com (if I recall correctly)
- He told me that this is not a money-making endeavor for him but more of a “fan thing”.
- Apparently, he serves top-notch food and beverages.
- He mentioned that his mother comes to most of the home game tailgates and if he served her crap she’d be annoyed. He does not serve crap.. lol.
- He’s already reserved a lot for his tailgate trailer that is actually closer to the stadium than the lot that the Group Sales guy was giving us!
- We’ll be parking our Bus in the same lot.
(Details and directions here http://tailgatersparking.com/directions/ – Lot is called the First Down RV lot.)
- An automobile lot is right next door to the RV lot for those getting to the Stadium on their own.
- Since his parking lot is not associated with the Jaguars, they will open much earlier than the Jaguars official parking lots will.
- That means 4-5 hours of all you can eat and drink rather than just 2 hours you typically get at the stadiums!!!
- Joe has a DirectTV system with him so he’ll have some pre-game stuff on two HD TV’s.
- He told me he can handle 200-300 fans without a problem. He just needs to know ahead of time.
- Tickets for the tailgate party will be sold through an online ticketing system so club members can pay online and print your own tickets.
—> Click Here to purchase your Tailgate Tickets <—
What’s on the Tailgate Menu
- Maple breakfast sausage sandwiches, for the early riser attendees, Joe’s own recipe.
- Fresh 1/3 lb cheeseburgers with Joe’s special “quick caramelized” onions and bacon maple jam.
- Grilled Taylor Ham and cheese sandwiches, a New Jersey favorite we are bringing down with us.
- Grilled smoked Polish sausage.
- Sabrett hot dogs along with all the fixins including Tailgate Joe’s award winning (great hot dog cook off ) hot dog chili and blue cheese slaw.
- Sausage and peppers, with italian sausage imported straight from Esposito’s Pork store in NYC, the greatest pork store in NY.
- Meatball sliders, just like his mom’s meatballs, because, she’s gonna make them for us, can you get better than this? NO!!!
- Fresh filled cannoli, the best cannoli you have ever had in Florida or New York, filled fresh on the spot.
- Assorted other chips, snacks and dessert items
- Soft Drinks and Water
What’s On Tap Chillin’ in the Kegerator:
- Joe will have some great selections from Kelso of Brooklyn as well as a selection of premium brands along the lines of Amstel, Stella, Heineken, Blue Moon as well as traditional light beers along the lines of Coors, Miller, and Bud.
- The actual beer available will be subject to what we can get from the local distributor and the size of the party.
- Kelso of Brooklyn is a local NYC craft beer brewer. Their beers are only available in draft by the keg and served at NYC’s better restaurants and bars.
So How Much Is It?
- Price per head is $50 for all the food and beer you can cram down your throats. Sounds like a bargain to me!
- Purchase your tickets to the tailgate by clicking this link.
After spending some time on the phone with Joe and covering all the bases with a lot of back and forth in email, I am really stoked for Joe’s party. This is going to make the trip to Jacksonville that much more fun and exciting. Hope you can all join us as well.
My given name may be Steve but my friends have been calling me Festa for the last 30 years. While I really miss going to all the JETS home games and tailgating with a large group of friends, it’s really great being here in Tampa around other JETS fans while we root for our team. When I founded the fan club in October of 2004 I never imagined it would become as massive as it now has with over 600 members from around the world and sister Fan Club Chapters in 4 other Florida cities and growing.
- Web |
- YouTube |
- More Posts(142)
hey Festa, What about transportation to Jacksonville? I purchased my tickets but, haven’t received them. Did you get your tickets already? I know alot of questions lol t2usoon. Festa send me your cell #
Transportation info to Jacksonville is still in the works. No news yet. Keep your eyes and ears open for details to follow.
I have not gotten my tickets yet either. Do not think they are out yet.
Best way to reach me about Jets stuff is to call the Toll Free number… 888-NY-JETS-1.
Jets/Jax tickets came in mail today.
Yup, got mine too! GO JETS!!!
Transportation info is here.
New to club anyone has info on travels to jags game
Still figuring out the details of Transportation but we do plan on having some kind of transportation available. When it’s locked down I’ll post a message on the site and send to everyone.
Details on transportation can be found here.
As soon as the transportation arrangements and costs are determined there may be 2 from Sarasota going
Hi Dave, the problem is this… costs go down depending on the number of people who decide to go. Also, the number of people who go will determine what size bus we get. So, it would be really great to know what the odds are of you and your friend coming with us and how much you’d be willing to spend per person. — Thanks, Steve
Transportation details and signup can be found here.